Helen and I have been around the hairdressing block! You name it… We’ve styled it. Trends have come, gone and come back again! We worked in numerous Salons including some famous ones. We are the Lady bosses of a young crew and we love shaping them into brilliant stylists. In return they keep our Salon vibrant. The perfect blend of expertise and fresh inspiration!
I started hairdressing in the 70’s and embraced the Drama, excess, and flamboyance. I wanted to be the best, work with the best and embrace life. With the fearlessness of youth I started working at Vidal Sassoons in South Molton street. It opened the doors to a world I loved, fashion, clubbing and creativity. You just couldn’t get better training and what I learnt in that iconic West End Salon has been the foundation of my hairdressing career!
I left school with few qualifications but then I didn’t care! I just couldn’t sit still for long enough and I already knew I wanted to be a hairdresser, making people look and feel beautiful, change shapes in hair and give confidence is what I love to do.
After working in a local salon for a bit, my next step was to head to the hippest hair company of the time Cobella in Mayfair. I worked on the floor but also had a crazy time with a whirlwind of fashion shows, photo shoots and even trips to Monte Carlo!
After a hedonistic London life and experience cutting on stage for a host of renowned brands. We’d got married and had families to start! We found ourselves back in Ruislip working together and we still have clients today from over 20 years ago. During this time we also taught, freelanced and performed as a duo at world trade shows. Sharing our talents and still learning from some of the best in the world of hairdressing.
Fast forward to 2002 The Next Logical Step…WWW.Comb is born!
It started with us two and now we have a strong team. We took what we loved from all of the Hair experiences we had and the incredible people we’d met and turned it into our business.
- The client comes first! Create a fun and rewarding visit each time.
- Consultation is the key to a successful style. We listen to you!
- We only work with quality products that we really believe give results.
- Honesty is key with our clients we are confident but won’t over promise.
- We want you to enjoy your style. We are happy to give to ideas to style your look at home.
- You’ll see photographs of our own work hanging on our walls.
- We invest in our staff. You will see our stylists grow in skill and stay with us because they are challenged and inspired. We are a family here!
We hope you enjoy our vision and Find your Style at WWW.Comb!
Love Lisa and Helen